Pray Day for Schools
When schools across Europe and around the world are the focus of prayer.
Pray Day is the third Tuesday of November every year
This year it will be held on Tuesday 16th November 2021, with schools, churches and individuals across the UK taking part.
We are joining with SU and praying for their Shine in Schools initiative
Why not pray with friends, on your own or join us for one of the prayer zooms?
Suggestions for pray topics can be found here
Pray for Schools England is hosting a zoom session on PrayDay – Tuesday 16th November 12.30pm. Register here
Pray for Schools Wales is hosting a zoom session on PrayDay – Tuesday 16th November 7pm Register here
Worcester Diocese are hosting a Zoom Prayer Session 1.45pm on the 16th November
If you live in the diocese follow the link
If you haven’t heard about PrayDay before, it is a day set aside every year for people across Europe to focus on praying for their schools, with events taking place in many countries including the UK. The day is for:
- all types of school from nursery to sixth form
- pupils, school staff, governors, parents, church leaders, youth workers and anyone else concerned about young people
- anyone who believes that God hears our prayers
We are using the #PrayDay and hope that thousands of people will pray for their schools and the children and young people of our country.
We hope that Christians will join us during the week of 15th -19 th November !
You could get involved by:
- Just praying on your own
- Running a prayer meeting or a Prayer Marathon in your school for pupils and/or staff online with permission
- Organising a prayer evening for everyone from your church online of course
- Prayer Walking around your local school and area – see our video
- Give a gift of a plant or a cake or write a card to the teachers in your school
Prayday has been going for 20 years in Germany. Last year they are launched PrayDay365 to encourage us to pray daily.
Get Pray Day ideas from Pray for Schools Scotland here
Why not decide to get involved in Pray Day? And whatever else you do or don’t do, please do pray for our schools and all those involved with them. What goes on in school affects millions of young people directly and has a huge effect on our nation, so let’s make sure we hold our schools before God.
Once you have planned your Pray Day event, please register it with Pray for Schools. Thanks!