Pray Day for Schools
When schools across Europe and around the world are the focus of prayer.
Pray Day is the third Tuesday of November every year when schools across Europe and around the world are the focus of prayer.
This year it will be held on Tuesday 17th November 2020, with schools across the UK taking part.
We are continuing to have courage and be fearless, but focusing on “Shining like Stars”
The resources are available to download
Pray for Schools are hosting two zoom sessions on PrayDay – Tuesday 17th November
with Celia Bowring and Jane Newey
9.30 am led by Lisa from Scripture Union and Bev from Youth for Christ
5.30pm with Ebony from Prayer Spaces in Schools and Toni of Chaplaincy Central
sign up to one or both of the events here
Worcester Diocese and Open the Book are hosting a Zoom Prayer Session 1.45pm on the 17th November
To register follow the link
If you haven’t heard about PrayDay before, it is a day set aside every year for people across Europe to focus on praying for their schools, with events taking place in many countries including the UK. The day is for:
- all types of school from nursery to sixth form
- pupils, school staff, governors, parents, church leaders, youth workers and anyone else concerned about young people
- anyone who believes that God hears our prayers
We are using the #PrayDay2020 and hope that thousands of people will pray for their schools and the children and young people of our country.
We hope that Christians will join us during the week of 16th -20 th November !
You could get involved by:
- Just praying on your own
- Running a prayer meeting or a Prayer Marathon in your school for pupils and/or staff online with permission
- Organising a prayer evening for everyone from your church online of course
- Prayer Walking around your local school and area – see our new video
- Give a gift of a plant or a cake or write a card to the teachers in your school
Prayday has been going for 20 years in Germany. This year they are launching PrayDay365 to encourage us to pray daily.
Last year’s theme was Having Courage and being Fearless and can still be accessed PrayDay resources 2019
Pray Day prayer labyrinths for children and young people in your church:
Get Pray Day ideas from Pray for Schools Scotland here
Why not decide to get involved in Pray Day? And whatever else you do or don’t do, please do pray for our schools and all those involved with them. What goes on in school affects millions of young people directly and has a huge effect on our nation, so let’s make sure we hold our schools before God.
Once you have planned your Pray Day event, please register it with Pray for Schools. Thanks!