Pray Day for Schools
When schools across Europe and around the world are the focus of prayer.
Pray Day is the third Tuesday of November every year when schools across Europe and around the world are the focus of prayer.
This year it will be held on Tuesday 19th November 2019, with schools across the UK taking part.
If you haven’t heard about it before, this is a day set aside every year for people across Europe to focus on praying for their schools, with events taking place in many countries including the UK. The day is for:
- all types of school from nursery to sixth form
- pupils, school staff, governors, parents, church leaders, youth workers and anyone else concerned about young people
- anyone who believes that God hears our prayers
Resources for PrayDay 2018 based on Psalm 100.
This year we would love to get more young people involved. We are using the #SayDoPray and hope to go viral on Social Media!
We hope that Christians will join us during the week of 18th -22nd November and take part in #SayDoPray. Say something encouraging; Do something kind; Pray for a friend. We are sure you can come up with others!
You could get involved by:
- Telling young people about our campaign
- Use Social media to promote #SayDo Pray
- Just praying on your own
- Running a prayer meeting or a Prayer Marathon in your school for pupils and/or staff
- Organising a prayer evening for everyone from your church
- Setting up a stall in or outside a school and offering to pray for pupils and staff
- Leading a school assembly about what prayer means to Christians
- Teaching an RE lesson on how and why Christians pray
- Prayer Walking around your local school and area – see our video
- Give a gift of a plant or a cake to the teachers in your school
But there’s no need to be limited by these suggestions. There are lots of resources below, and the website www.prayday.eu has more ideas. This website has recently been updated and for those of you that don’t speak German it is also available in English.
Resources from previous years
Pray Day prayer labyrinths for children and young people in your church:
Get Pray Day ideas from Pray for Schools Scotland here
Why not decide to get involved in Pray Day? And whatever else you do or don’t do, please do pray for our schools and all those involved with them. What goes on in school affects millions of young people directly and has a huge effect on our nation, so let’s make sure we hold our schools before God.
Once you have planned your Pray Day event, please register it with Pray for Schools. Thanks!