Prayer for Wales
Here are some suggestions for prayers for Schools in Wales, written by the Welsh Pray for Schools Coordinator, Claire Wall.
Praise and Thanks for
- The workers that are taking the Christian message into the schools
- for school chaplains,
- For the people that are faithfully praying for the children and the schools
- the heritage of those who have gone before.
- Thank the Lord for the children
- That children would enjoy learning and find school a good place to be
- That he would protect their friendships
- Pray that God would speak to them on their journeys to and from schools or at any time and put his protection round about them
- Protection from or healing from abuse, bullying, and broken homes.
Please pray for teachers and support staff in your local primary, secondary schools and sixth form colleges:
- Head teachers – wisdom, gifts, and gift of communication.
- Good relationships with Governors, and for Godly governors.
- Protection for the teachers, that they be lifted up and honoured by society.
- That the teachers would have empathy, and listening ears to hear.
- That the schools would be safe, exciting /stimulating places for the children.
- That they would be places where the children discover their talents and where every child feels valued, special and encouraged.
- That the Lord would open His provision for talent and money for schools in deprived areas and that every school would have enough money.
- That schools lunches would be nutritious and delicious and that God’s blessing to be with the dinner ladies.
- For more people to be made aware of the need to pray for the schools
- For churches to become more involved in praying and supporting the schools
- For the Special Schools and their teachers.
- For the minister and government/assembly department in charge of education.